Steven K. Inglese, SIOR
Mr. Inglese has been active in the commercial real estate business since 1993 in Connecticut where he was involved in over $1.5 billion in real estate transactions in that time. Steve has a versatile background in investment sales and development. He has been a market leader selling investment properties and has negotiated hundreds of commercial leases involving office, industrial, and retail space.
Steve actively invests in value added investment opportunities and development sites throughout
New England that include industrial, retail, office and multi family projects. His most recent acquisitions include a 90,000 sf three building industrial and office property in Hamden, CT, a build to suit for a bank in North Haven, CT, and two shopping center acquisitions totaling over 300,000 sf in Connecticut and Maine.
He received the following awards from the Greater New Haven Board of Realtors (CID):
- 2019 — “Retail Deal of the Year” – an $16+ million sale of a 150,000 sf retail shopping center in Middletown, CT
- 2017 — “Retail Deal of the Year” – an $18 million sale of a 35,000 sf complex in Westport, CT
- 2017 — “Industrial Deal of the Year” – a 113,000 sf industrial building sold for $7.75 million in W. Hartford, CT
- 2015 — “Apartment Sale of the Year” – $18.75 million sale of a 156 unit apartment complex in Rocky Hill, CT
- 2013 — “Office Sale of the Year” – a 50,000 s/f multi tenant class A office building in Branford, CT
- 2013 — “Land Sale of the Year” – a 4.5 acre site sold with approvals for a 125 unit multi family development
- 2011 — “Industrial Deal of the Year” – a 2 building industrial Portfolio consisting of 55,000 sf in Rocky Hill, CT
- 2011 — “Office Deal of the Year” — a 26,000 s/f Office in Milford, CT to be redeveloped into Apartments
- 2010 – “Office Deal of the Year” – a $5 million, 50,000 s/f office deal in Woodbridge, CT
- 2009 – “Office Deal of the Year” – a $14.25 million office/retail complex sale (257,000 sf) in Farmington, CT
- 2008 – “Office Deal of the Year” – a $12.50 million medical office building sale (50,000 sf) in Prospect, CT
- 2007 – “Top Gun Award” – Three transactions totaling $25 million that included industrial and retail properties.
- 2006 – “Industrial Deal of the Year” – for his role in the sale of a $19 million portfolio
- 2005 – “1031 Transaction of the Year” – for his role in the sale of office/industrial complex
- 2004 – “Top Gun Award” – for this role in three transactions totaling $45 million
Before creating the New Haven Group in 2005, Mr. Inglese was a leasing and sales adviser for a national commercial real estate brokerage company from 2001-2004 serving the Connecticut market. Before that, he worked with Lexington Partners, a Hartford based development and brokerage firm, from 1996 to 2001. He was involved in development, leasing, acquisitions and disposition, financing, due diligence and asset management of company owned real estate throughout Connecticut which included multi-family apartment developments, office/medical and industrial investments and developments. From 1993 to 1996, Mr. Inglese was employed with a Big Six accounting firm (Arthur Andersen LLP) in its Hartford, Connecticut office. He specialized in valuation and appraisal of commercial real estate throughout the United States. He also consulted with financial institutions and corporations on financing, corporate planning, property tax appeal and purchase price allocation.
He is a graduate of the University of Connecticut, Storrs with a B.S. degree in Business Administration (Finance and Real Estate). He is married to his wife Ellen and resides in Litchfield County with his family. Steve is also active in the community where he served as a Board of Director at the Clifford Beers Child Guidance Clinic in New Haven. He is a Board of Director and member of REFA (Real Estate Finance Association), and member of Greater New Haven Board of Realtors -Commercial Industrial Division (CID). In 2012, the University of Connecticut’s Center for Real Estate named Steve its Alumni of the Year. He has also been a frequent panelist and speaker at UCONN’s annual commercial real estate conference and at REFA events.
Dawn handles marketing and administrative duties for the company. She is a licensed real estate agent and supports Mr. Inglese with all aspects of the brokerage and development business. Dawn previously worked in administrative banking leadership roles for a New Haven based bank and also worked for a development/construction company as a project manager.
Dawn is married with three children and resides in the New Haven area.
Chief Deal Hound (Lab)
Rey the dog is a key member of the organization. She has a knack for keeping everyone’s spirits high and is an incredible listener. She has one of best noses in the business for great real estate, especially if it involves hiking trails and rivers.
Rey is a graduate of Peace of Mind “College” and has a human brother and mother that love her very much.